Friday 17 August 2012

Getting crazy about Japanese food.

Since my Japan trip in March, I've become crazy about Japanese food. While I was there, I got to try many Japanese dishes that were so fresh, less processed and, most important, very delicious. I enjoyed so much the moment I tried seafood at Otaru. I think delicious food doesn't need many kinds of seasoning at all. The taste of natural deliciousness is much more impressive and healthier. I'm a little bit sad that Thai food that we can find easily along the streets doesn't retain the natural taste the way we did in the past. We put loads of seasoning and even chemicals to make our food taste greater but we don't take enough care of how our health would be. I just chatted with my Japanese friend, Yuki today about Thai cuisine. He said he was so surprised when he saw most of Thai people add spoons of sugar in the noodles. I admitted to him it's true. It's like the way of Thai people in eating noodles. And it is true for me sometime that I add a little bit more sugar, vinegar, and fish sauce in my noodle. And I remember when another friend of mine from Switzerland told me "the great taste we need only salt and pepper, not maggi" hehehe. He told me that because he saw me added maggi in almost every western dish.

Well, i am not telling you that Japanese food is always perfect for me. For some recipe we still have to be careful of the amount of salt and MSG. All in all I have to eat them in moderate amount. And try to change the kind of food I eat from time to time in order to get enough nutrition.

I've been following the videos of Cooking With Dog and Runnyrunny999 on YouTube. They show is how to cook many kinds of Japanese dishes. And it's easy for us to understand because both of them present in English.
http://www.youtube.com/user/cookingwithdog
http://www.youtube.com/user/runnyrunny999

So when I had free time, I did try making 3 recipes I learned from them. I found almost all the ingredients I need from isetan Bangkok. I had a lot of fun cooking myself at home that I know the quality of things I make on the stove. The amount of seasonings that is just enough to make the food taste great without killing all the natural sweetness.
Here are what I made
1. Oyakodon
2. Japanese sukiyaki
3. Chicken karaage

No comments:

Post a Comment