Monday 30 August 2010

Downtown Jacksonville and Budweiser Brewery Tour

It's weekend again. Coming to Jacksonville but not going to Downtown is like you're not in Jacksonville at all; so, I asked P'Tik, a Thai fellowship in the hospital to take me out to downtown Jacksonville (http://downtownjacksonville.org/)

The downtown isn't as big as I thought. My friend said I couldn't compare it with where I am from (Bangkok). But I would say it is a very clean, nice and orderly downtown. The day we went there was Saturday, so there're not many people walking around. The street was quite empty unlike Bangkok's Saturday. The public transport is perfect in downtown; they've got many bus line, and a short skytrain (which P'Tik told that it would be closed soon because not many passengers are using it)











Skytrain railway (Made me think of our BTS in Bkk)









Quiet street







Then we moved to Jacksonville Municipal Stadium. Jaguars is an american football team which lies in the heart of Jacksonville people(http://www.jaguars.com)





There's an area dedicated for soldiers who lost their lives in wars. Their names were engraved here as the rememberance for next generations. The fire on the flambeau is always alight like their goodness is always in our heart.
















Our next destination was St. John river where we can find many things that represent Downtown Jacksonville such as Mobis Building and Jacksonville blue bridge (Main street bridge).




This downtown reminded me of the area around Chaophraya river in Bangkok (or am I homesick?) If you see the picture below, you will see that it's like I'm standing on the Thonburi side of Chaophraya river bank, watching far away to Rama VII and VI bridges.




Our next stop was Budweiser Brewery. It has free tour for visitors everyday to show how beer is made. It's a large and clean factory producing different flavors of Budweiser beer to serve Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina area. The first step after getting out from car, we smelled malt! I didn't understand why we smelled that odor in the brewery. But after the tour guide took us into the factory and shown us all the process of making beer, we all understood plus wanted to taste their beer. Unfortunately, I didn't take my passport to confirm that I'm older than 18, they denied to let me taste beer. But my friend shared me a small amount of non-alcoholic one; wow! so great, such a good smell and taste!












After visiting the factory, my friends said they would invite me to their house and will cook thai dinner for me! That's so great! Long time no real thai food in my stomach. They're going to make Pork salad (ลาบหมู), grilled chicken, sauté mixed vegatable and sticky rice. Yum yum yum. Thank you very much for that wonderful meal!






No comments:

Post a Comment