Wednesday 21 December 2011

Koh Rok day trip, Krabi December 2011

My day started at 6.30 am. I had very good sleep last night. I ordered an american breakfast set which was included in hotel price. Because we stayed on the west side of the island, I couldn't see sunrise but it made a different feeling because soft sunlight from the other side of the island created a marvelous scene like this.

At 8.40 am, the speedboat picked us up right at the beach behind the hotel to go to Rok islands. Rok islands are located just 30 km south to Lanta yai island. Being on Lanta is an easy way to go to Rok islands. On May this year I went to Trang and wanted to buy a trip to Rok islands but I couldn't because the tour agency said Rok was too far to go from Trang and they had stopped service on that route for a while. Actually when you look on the map, you won't feel they are far from Trang. And in the past, tour agency always include Rok trip with Trang islands day tour. I don't know why they don't do that kind of day trip anymore. Anyway, this time I was on Lanta, so I didn't hesitate to book a day trip to Rok islands.

Our speedboat was very fast as its name. It got 3 machines at the bottom which produced annoying noise at the start. But while we were moving, the beauty of Andaman sea made us forget about the machines and we quickly grabbed our cameras to take wonderful pictures of the crystal clear sea.

It took us one hour and a half to arrive at Koh Rok. Koh Rok is one of the national park so there is no private hotel and the nature is very well maintained. We asked the boat to drop us on the island before they left for snorkeling trip so that we could make a little exploration around the island.




Look ! how clear the sea was...








I enjoy my little adventure till late afternoon befor going back to lanta just in time for seeing wonderful sunset.


I was a bit regret at first sight because there were some clouds occluding my view to the sun. But I just stood there hoping that I could see more when the sun came a little bit down.



And it's worth waiting for..... 10 minutes later I could see the whole sun with its exotic shining light that got its reflection by the ocean below. Coincidentally, a guy kayaked in the reflection at the same time the sun showed its full body so I got a great photo of the day.



I tried to make more photos of this scene but I couldn't anymore because there were lower level of clouds that the sun quickly ducked behind. And that kayaking guy was moving away and away and never returned back to my sight again. This has taught me a little lesson. When you have wishful thinking of something and you do something in your ability to receiving them, you'll get them. And when they come for you, accept them, enjoy them, spend your precious with them. Because they just come for a reason, for you. And they have their time. Once they finish their duties, they will go and you might feel regret if you didn't savor them while there were with you. In this case I would feel regret terribly if I just stood there, saw the sunset view and hesitated to or not to take a picture.

I ended my day sipping cocktail at the beach bar. In fact it was really sipping because I don't drink alcohol. But a relaxing moment with a good friend on the beach is one of things that I don't want to miss, although it took me 3 hours to finish just 1/4 of the cocktail. We got a swedish family (mom and son) join our cocktail time. They were nice and easy to talk to (but the son was a little bit drunk).

It was so nice moment on Koh Rok. And I hope these islands will be preserved like this for a long time....



In case video doesn't show up, please visit this link

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful day you had!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing missing at this wonderful place is your American family. thank you for sharing the experience you had...

    John and Peggy Obryan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you spibk for your comment. I'm totally agreed that Phuket is the best choice for those who like to visit beaches in Thailand. To me, Phuket is the most beautiful island. Not because it's touristic, but it's because the scenery of each beach that are so beautiful that I can't find any other beaches to compare. Next trip I plan to stay in kata, Karon, or surin.

    ReplyDelete