Saturday 7 August 2010

First day in the USA

Hi buddies,

From August 2nd-October 28th I am in Jacsonville, Florida USA. I don't know why the wind of fortune has blown me here, but I'm already here. Actually the fund for this training program belonged to my deputy chief. But he has health problem so, this fund should have belonged to one of another 2 colleagues. One just have a preterm baby and another one is just pregnant. So, at the end, it's only me who have to receive this fund. With many helps from many people and organizations, I've got a great opportunity for my life that I shouldn't deny. Let's start with the transportation that brought me here. Delta Air departed from BKK at 5.40 am. I was very excited for this challenging trip. It's my first time traveling alone; well, espacially to a very very far place. I just told myself that it's not matter I wanted this trip or not, I must do it, I must accept the risk of next step, so what I could do is only feeling good with every present moment.


I was more ok with traveling by airplane because last June I just had a flight to Samui. For this trip I had to take 3 flights to arrive Jacksonville. 28 hours totally. Sounds exhausted, isn't it? And the flight from Narita to Atlanta was delayed 3 hours so, I felt worried a bit that I would miss the flight to Jax because I had 3.25 hours at Atlanta before the next flight departs. When it's delayed like this, I would have only 25 mins at Atlanta for immigration.



Narita airport where I spent 3 hours in waiting for the next flight.












Do you think I missed the flight? No! fortunately the plane arrived at Atlanta 1 hours earlier. I had time to run like crazy to many counters to get interviewed, baggages checked, and so on (very exhausted).

But I was not always lucky. Although I caught the plane in time (5 mins before departure), my baggages didn't. I had to got home without baggages. The first breath I took at Jacksonville, Florida, it reminded me of Phuket. The weather here is comfortably warm at it is in the south of Thailand. And even the surroundings of the airport, the made the feeling of rubber plantation but they are pine trees instead. As we drove out I observed the streets here were very wide with many lanes. Sure, here they drive on the right. The funny thing when I arrive home is the taxi driver gave me my receipt but he said he wouldn't write the fare. He just let me write it myself. Oh no, I'm an hornest one, I asked him to write the certain amount anyway.

At house, Mr. O'Brian who is neighbour had already been waiting. I'm so lucky got the house just 15 min. walking distance from the hospital I'm going to observe. And he and his family are very nice and kind to me. He took me to the house and shown me the rooms. This is very very nice house located near the marsh.




Living room














Bedroom



Kitchen






House surroundings

The first night I was very tired. Fell asleep on the sofa and woke up at 4.00 am to find that my baggages are in front of the house door. Yehhhhh!!!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you all my colleagues at BMA.
    Thank you BMA for giving me this fund.
    Thank you Mme. Nunez for very very nice house.
    Thank you O'brians for taking care of me. I do feel like we are real family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so nice place and surroundings. Is that a lake that we can see from the house blacony ?
    Chris (France)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the river, St. John river. Very nice view espacially in the morning.

    ReplyDelete