Saturday 7 August 2010

Get acquainted with the area

Hello friends,

The second day O' Brian family took me to see the area around the house. It's great because the hospital visit started the day after so, I was free to settle down and get to know with the where I live. I don't have car, and don't have plan to drive here for many reasons. First of all, I'm not gonna drive on the right which we don't do this in Thailand. Secondly, to rent a car I have to pay $1,500/month. I got only $1,200/month for living here then forget about driving.



















He took me to the road runs along the beach. It's sunny day and many people were having nice time there. Today I just observed that although the temperature is like in Thailand, it's less humid here. In Thailand I sweated very easy even after taking a shower.










Then we had lunch at an american restaurant. I just saw it's true when people said amercan food is fatty and greasy (That's why many of them are obese). They ate fries, hamburger, cheese, and eggs. Yeah I must admit it's delicious, but you know, in Thailand if I had this kind of food for lunch, I would omit my dinner.








After lunch we went to groceries. Things were not too expensive as I thought. The size of food packages they served in supermarket were incredibly large. For one pack of chicken, I can eat for the whole week. My neighbour said it's family size and I could find this in every supermarket.

I was so glad I found mixed berries there. I had been wishing for tasting fresh berry fruit for a long time because we don't have some berries in Thailand. I can tell you that raspberry, blueberry and blackberry are very tasty!!!






In the evening, I cooked for myself for the first time here. Yeah I did cook! Do you know what it was? Instant noodles (MAMA) Hmmm sounds healthy?

1 comment:

  1. To O'brians
    You all are so kind to me. You have made my days in Jacksonville become easy and pleasant. I would love to introduce all of you to my country Thailand. Would be nice if I can be your host one day.

    ReplyDelete