Sunday 1 January 2012

Happy New Year 2012 !!!!!!

Hello friends,

We are now in the year 2012!!!! Happy new year to all of you. Hope this will be another great year for us. On the New Year's Eve I had a duty in the hospital so I couldn't go out to join any parties or countdown. But fortunately, during 24 hours of duty we got only one minor operation in the late morning so in the night I had chance to go up to the roof-deck of my hospital building (21th floor). The view up there was magnificent! I saw the great view of Bangkok in 360 degree perspective. I've been working in this hospital since 2004 but this was the first time I came up to the deck. It was amazing and I thought ones who were on call or on duty on 31th december were not unlucky at all!



Golden mount and Rama VIII bridge. Please note floating lantern in the sky over Bangkok




My hospital is surrounded by many temples. This year Thailand had a campaign for all the temples to pray together during the New Year's Eve to 1 am of the New Year's day hoping that it would chase away the bad things and welcome good moments back to our country. During the last minutes of counting down, the fireworks started to show up along with the sound of praying. It was such a magical moment.



We saw all the fireworks in 360 degree view!












I wish you all the great year 2012!

2 comments:

  1. What a spectacular perspective, Thank you for sharing.. Happy New Year and may you have a full and wonderful New Year full of magic and joy for you and your Family.
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for you new year's wish. I do wish you the same things. Hope your life this year is full of magic like magic kingdom in Walt Disney world.

    ReplyDelete